Friday, March 6, 2015

Blog #82... 13 MONTHS...

 I am one week from my next pet scan. I am anxiously awaiting the results and hoping that this little monster is completely gone! This stupid cancer isn't giving up easy that's for sure! It can't outsmart Dr. Chamsuddin.. I believe that with all my heart... 

I had chemo this week and it went fine no complications to speak of. It was a funny because it was Wednesday and the weather was going to be in  the 70's.... so that morning, I decided I was going to wear flip flops. I have to be honest, earlier in that day I wasn't so sure I had made the right decision because my feet were freezing. I had to be at the Oncologist office at 10:15 that morning, I did the routine we always do when I get there and I walked back into the back to find a sit for my treatment. I found one, sat down, pulled the lever for the recliner and one of my flip flops flew across the room and almost landed in the lap of the sweet lady that was sitting across from me. Everyone in the room getting treatment started laughing. It was the highlight of the day that was for sure. Then I got up before being hooked up to the machine for treatment and went into the bathroom,The roll of toilet paper was not on the hook thing... so you had to roll it out in your hands, I did that and accidentally dropped the toilet paper and that sucker rolled all over the bathroom floor before I could get a grip on it to tear off the yucky part... I came out of the bathroom laughing and said "Ya'll would have died if you were in there with me to see what happened" Everyone laughed again. It was so funny I felt like butter fingers all day that day. 

Things are really looking good with me. I have no real problems besides my lower back pain. It's weird how it's started hurting so much lately, pretty much since my last procedure. I am hoping that the pain will go away soon. It's tolerable at times and then others.... I have to go home and take a hot bath and then lay on a heating pad to get rid of the pain.


My attitude is really good. I am just believing the end of this nightmare is near.  Someone close to me went to the doctor yesterday and they were asked all those medical questions about family history of this and that... They said that I had liver cancer. This person said they looked at them and asked the story of my cancer. When they were finished telling the PA she looked at them and said "I worked in an oncology office for 15 years and it was so hard on me I had to leave. I have never heard of anyone having their liver covered 80% in tumors and them being doing so good as she is doing. At the office I worked at we would have given her no hope" They smiled and said "I know it's a miracle" The PA asked who my Interventional Radiologist is and where is was working they told the PA and she was blown away that he was working at such a small hospital. 


This made my day. Made me reaffirm the fact that I am a miracle... I know every day that I am alive it's a true blessing. Today marks 13 months from my dx. It's hard to believe that 13 months have gone by on one hand and then on the other it feels like 13 years. It's just the battle I have to face. Life isn't always easy but life for me is much better than the alternative. Much BETTER! 



My cancer marker went up a little  this week. I am thinking it's because I had not had chemo in 3 weeks. I was getting a 2 week break and was suppose to have chemo last week but the weather changed that because they closed early and called me to cancel my appointment ... I had chemo Wednesday this week instead. We have changed my regimen to every other week. My oncologist says this Gemzar (chemo brand) I am taking starts to take a toll on the body and even though for the most part I am tolerating it pretty good right now it starts causing different effects on the body. I think doing it every other week works. I have to make sure I keep myself healthy other than for the cancer. I know my body and I listen to it. I am doing everything I can and am told to do so I know we can see the end of the journey soon and be in remission where we have been trying to reach over the last 10 months. 


This stupid cancer is hanging in there. I was watching Grey's Anatomy the other night and I could relate to what the doctor was lecturing about when she was describing the tumors and how it was happy in there. I feel like my cancer has been happy in my body too. Where it feels that it wants to live and grow as we want it gone and dead. We will win I have no doubt about that. 


Next Friday..... is another big milestone in this journey and I ask you all for your prayers that this monster is gone. We were so close before the last procedure so we have to be there or much closer this time. 


Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me. I know that through this journey I have had some people reach out to me that I would have never thought would share their thoughts of my inspiration in their own lives and it touches my heart in places that they will never know not only that they felt that way but that they shared their feelings with me. 


I don't have to much to share this week just wanted you all to know I am doing good. I am feeling better. And my attitude is right where it needs to be ... On POSITIVE......



Don't Cry For Me.... Pray For Me... Prayers are answered every day ....Mine sure have been! 


No comments:

Post a Comment