Monday, March 3, 2014

Hope "Blog # 10"

Through this journey of being diagnosed with cancer, I have thought about a lot of different things. The way I would have lived my life if I would have known the way that I was living it would make me sick or even feed the cancer I had growing in my body! I would have been one of those people that was a health nut my whole life, the people that you see going to farmers markets buying fresh fruit and vegetables, the health conscious people that are always at the park walking the track, keeping their bodies in great shape not only externally but internally as well! Those people get cancer too, but I would have to believe that everything I have read that if you take care of your body,it will take care of you. 

I encourage everyone I know to adjust their eating habits. Being healthy is extremely essential to living a long life. I lived the healthy lifestyle for many years, up until I got pregnant with my youngest child, Evan, she is now five, and the Emory Doctor last week told me that I have had this cancer at least 5 years. The time that I gave up on taking care of myself, I get this horrid disease, there must be something there. 

I have had many of my friends telling me that they have changed their own families diet, and I am glad! You only get one life my friend. There are not any second chances, once you are gone.... your gone. 

I don't know where my future leads me, and in this situation it would be so easy to sit here and worry day and night, but that's no life. I am alive, I want to do all the things I can to make myself better, and I want to live my life one day at a time, that is the only thing that we can  count on, one day at a time. None of us are promised tomorrow.  Live your life happy! Be the person you want and should be everyday. Never take a day for granite because tomorrow is a day away, and a day you may never have. 

I hope that through my journey I can inspire someone else facing what I am facing in my life. Statistics say that 1 in every 3 people will get some form of cancer, Seriously, it's an epidemic... How are we sitting back and not protecting ourselves the best we can from this disease. Take charge of your life, plan your day to include the extra effort of giving up the drive thru windows, and pack yourself healthy stuff instead, drink water, coke and all those junk drinks are so unhealthy for you and your family. I will never drink another coke as long as I live. I loved them, and they are full of nothing but sugar, and cancer feeds on sugar, YUCK! 

My whole life I have wanted to make my personal difference in the world, I have been cussed out, criticized, and humiliated for trying to be a good person. For giving insight on things that I have learned to become a better person and mother. I have this calling inside, to reach out to people, and in doing so I put myself out there into the world so far that I get my feelings hurt all the time.  Going through this I have obtained  thicker skin than I knew I could have.

 I want to share my journey through this disease. I want people to know that it is not shameful to have cancer, I remember that movie "Terms of Endearment" Where she went to see her friend, in California (I think) and she felt that everyone was whispering "That's the girl with cancer" she didn't want any of them to know! I can't understand why it should be a secret. Why it's almost that some people feel ashamed! It's nothing any of us with cancer ever asked for, it's not that we need lots of attention to ourselves, what we do need is attention from God through prayers. Praying is great and the more prayers from more and more people for me, encourages me, strengthens me, and gives me more hope every single day as it should anyone facing this disease. This is not a disease where you have to be alone there are people in the world, that you may not ever even know that could be the greatest friend in your time of need. I have met and been contacted by some amazing people over the last month, people that our lives may have never crossed if I had not been going through this. I am grateful for all of my new friendships

I have no shame in telling my story. I have no shame in trying to help others deal with the pain and heartache this disease not only bring to themselves but to their families as well. This disease is hard. It's so much a part of all of my families life at this point,. we will always remember  the feeling of the initial moment of me being sick, a moment I know none of us will ever forget.  We found out I was sick and instantly took action to help in making  this leave our lives. You are helpless but hopeful,. and that is how I feel these days,. 

I want to be remember for being strong, for never going down without fighting the best battle I can fight. 

When life seems so hopeless and uncertain, there is always hope. Never lose sight of your hope and faith and you will go much further through any troubles you may face in life. Not more than once have I said "Why me" Because it's the way things work, it could have been any one in my family and I have to say, I am glad it's me and not any of them!  Life isn't always easy but if you live one day at a time, enjoy the moments of happiness, and live everyday to be the best you can be, you will have lived a great life.... no matter how long you live! 


1 comment: